Travel Fellowship - Application Instructions
The International Society for Biocuration and The 8th International Biocuration Conference (2015) are pleased to provide current ISB members with travel fellowships for students, junior curators, curators from low-income countries, and curators from countries suffering from natural disasters. We intend to support 8 applicants.
Please note that applying for a fellowship does not guarantee that you will receive funding.
The travel fellowship can be used as your registration fee and partly cover your travel costs. You need to pay the registration fee and travel cost before the conference by yourself. A traveller's check, up to CHF 1250 depending on your registration and travel costs, will be handed over to you by the secretary of the organizing committee at the end of the conference.
Requirements and procedures:
Each applicant for a travel fellowship must satisfy the following conditions:
- The applicant must be a current ISB member.
- The applicant must have been selected for a poster or oral presentation at the 8th International Biocuration Conference.
- Only the presenting author from a multi-author abstract may apply for a fellowship.
- The applicant must submit an accompanying letter explaining why s/he is requesting travel funds: please remember we are encouraging junior curators, curators originating from low income countries, and curators from countries suffering from natural disasters.
- Application materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Travel Fellowships to Biocuration 2015".
The applicant should review visa requirements and make any necessary arrangements of her/his own.
- Application deadline: February 10, 2015 [CLOSED]
- Notification of acceptance: February 18, 2015
- Conference: April 23-26, 2015
File download: Travel Award Application Form