Providing your presentation
Please e-mail your presentation and video/audio files to email@example.com the day before you are due to present, clearly marking the subject of your mail, "Presentation for Biocuration2015". Please do check your presentation is present before you speak by coming to the lectern during one of the break.
Please follow the naming convention below for your presentation (obviously inserting your own name).
Any video/audio files that might be used by the presentations must be placed in a folder with the accompanying PowerPoint/PDF file, and the folder itself named using the above format. Again these should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speakers should work together with the chairs to determine presentation format and time. Please contact the session chairs with any special requests or questions.
- Talks in the regular session: talk + questions = 15+5 or 16+4 minutes
- Lightning talks in the special session: talk + questions = 8+2 minutes.
- If you are speaking in one of the workshops, then you will need to make arrangements with the workshop organisers with respect to the timings of your talks and how best to collect the presentations together.
- You may submit a slide deck in either .pdf, .ppt or .pptx format (embedded videos are permitted).
- Your slides will be shown on a Mac laptop, using the latest version of PowerPoint or Adobe Acrobat. (Linux users are encouraged to save their slide deck in PDF format).
- Please be wary of your font choices. If you construct your slides on a Linux or Windows machine, you should test playback on a Mac machine.
- Standard (4:3) and widescreen (16:9) format presentations are both accepted.
Each workshop panel will be 1.5 hour in length. The structure and organization of each workshop panel will be different, so it is critical for members of each panel to work together with the chairs to determine presentation format, time for each panel member, and order of presentation. Please contact the workshop chairs with any special requests or questions. Presentations materials (if required by the chairs) should be provided to the chairs prior to the workshop start.
Social media policy
The conference will run an open Social Media policy. So if you do not want any part of your presentation reported then please explicitly state that at the beginning of your talk or at the relevant time.
All accepted abstracts for the conference (whether session talk or workshop) have also been accepted for poster presentations. If you are accepted for a talk or workshop, it is also expected that you will be presenting a poster on your submitted abstract.
- Posters should be printed in A0 size (height 118.9cm, width 84.1cm) and should be portrait (not landscape).
- The content of the poster should be clearly legible from a distance of 1 meter.
- Posters will be displayed during all poster sessions.
- It is the responsibility of poster presenter to ensure that poster presenter or at least one of the authors is in attendance to make the brief introductory presentation and to take part in the poster discussion.
- In addition, poster presenters are encouraged to bring some A4 printouts of their poster.
- Please note that photographs of posters may be taken for publicity purposes while they are on display.
- The Conference Organisers accept no responsibility for posters which are not removed at the times indicated.