Poster Sessions & Awards
Poster sessions will be held on April 24 and 25 from 5:40pm - 7pm. Odd numbered posters will be presented on April 24 and even numbered posters on April 25.
All accepted abstracts for the conference (whether session talk or workshop) have also been accepted for poster presentations. If you are accepted for a talk or workshop, it is also expected that you will be presenting a poster on your submitted abstract.
- Posters should be printed in A0 size (height 118.9cm, width 84.1cm) and should be portrait (not landscape).
- The content of the poster should be clearly legible from a distance of 1 meter.
- Poster Printing Service: Printing service is provided by Beijing Lucidus Bioinformation Co., Ltd., one of co-organizers of Biocuration2015.
- Poster Printing Contact Details: Please email to Ms. Wang at email@example.com with Subject Line: "Biocuration 2015 Poster Print".
- Deadline for Poster Printing: All finalised artwork needs to be supplied before Monday April 20 (late orders are subject to a price increase).
- Print Specifications:
- Your file should be in PDF format and your poster should be set up A0 size in portrait style.
- Please always check your PDF before sending and ensure that all text and wording are accurate as changes to pdf cannot be rectified by the printing company and any images or illustrations need to be of high resolution.
- The conference orgainziers and/or Beijing Lucidus Bioinformation Co., Ltd. accept no responsibility for posters which contain inaccurate and/or improper content.
- Print Material: The poster is printed on Photographic (paper) material.
- Printing Price:
- Orders before April 20 will be 100 CNY per poster and late orders will be 160 CNY per poster (dates are China Standard Time, GMT+8). 1 USD approximates to 6.2 CNY.
- Payment is required by cash.
- Poster Pick Up: Please make the payment and pick up your poster onsite at the registration desk.
Poster Hanging & Removal
- Each poster is allocated one poster board.
- Poster boards will be numbered and a poster number will be assigned for your poster.
- Poster numbers will be indicated in the online program and on the poster board onsite.
- Posters may be put up at the assigned location on April 24 before the first poster session.
- Pushpins for hanging posters will be provided.
- Posters must be removed by April 25 at 8pm.
- Posters will be displayed during all poster sessions.
- It is the responsibility of poster presenter to ensure that poster presenter or at least one of the authors is in attendance to make the brief introductory presentation and to take part in the poster discussion.
- In addition, poster presenters are encouraged to bring some A4 printouts of their poster.
- Please note that photographs of posters may be taken for publicity purposes while they are on display.
- The Conference Organisers accept no responsibility for posters which are not removed at the times indicated.
GPB Best Poster AwardsSix Best Poster Awards are made by a generous contribution from GPB.
- 1st Prize: 1 awardee, CNY 1000
- 2nd Prize: 2 awardees, each CNY 600
- 3rd Prize: 3 awardees, each CNY 300
Genomics, Proteomics & Bioinformatics (GPB) is the official journal of Beijing Institute of Genomics (BIG), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and Genetics Society of China (GSC). As the first international journal in China that is focused on the omics and bioinformatics, GPB is indexed by PubMed/Medline, BIOSIS Previews, Chinese Science Citation Database, Chemical Abstracts, Scopus, EMBASE, etc. GPB is currently an Open Access journal produced and hosted by Elsevier and all GPB articles can be freely accessed at ScienceDirect. The Editor-in-Chief is Dr. Jun Yu. To learn more about GPB, please visit http://www.journals.elsevier.com/genomics-proteomics-and-bioinformatics.
How to VoteAll conference registrants will pick up a voting ballot at the conference registration desk and vote for 6 Best Poster Awards, keeping the following issues in mind:
- Scientific value to the biocuration community
- Authors efficiency in conveying their educational message
- Innovative ideas
- Artwork and graphics
Please remember to vote by 7pm April 25, 2015. Each participant may write a maximum of 6 Poster Numbers.
The winners of the GPB Best Poster Awards will be announced on April 26 as part of the closing remarks.